Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Post-Service Learning Reflections

If someone wants to be a doctor or a lawyer we automatically know that it will take a lot of time and education before they become professionals.What people tend to look past is that no matter what job you have its always important to have great dedication and willingness towards expanding and completing your education. Whether it be anything from a community college to going for a doctorates degree, you should do whatever it takes to farther your education in the career that you wish to have.





All that I have ever wanted to do as a career is play music, and when I think back on what I have done take my knowledge of music to the next level its almost crazy. Ever since I was a child I have been striving to learn more about music, so when I had the chance I did all that I could to learn about music. I then started to learn to play different instruments, everything from the drums to the piano and just a few years ago I picked up the guitar and basically taught myself how to play. I think that the more that I have learned about music the more that it has pushed my drive to learn about music, and this has greatly affected my look and opinions on music. When we had the career expo for the incoming 9th graders, I not only taught them a few things but I learned a few things myself. For one I learned that you cant teach someone anything if they aren't interested on what your teaching. The other thing I learned is that if you don't have an interest in something that you are doing research on the facts and information you retrieve probably wont be the best or even correct because you didn't have motivation into the subject.




I think that if someone is truly dedicated to a career, like me, they should do all that they can possibly do to expand their education in the field their looking into. If someone hasn't quite found something that they are truly dedicated to I think that they should defiantly look around because there are tons of programs and learning services to all sorts of different careers that are available today. Now the question is what do you want to do and what are you going to do to strengthen your education?

No comments:

Post a Comment