Sunday, June 12, 2011

The First Week Of College

Well as we all know there were only a few classes to choose from to take during our program, Political Science, History, English and Art. I was one of the three that was chosen to take art. I looked and read up on all the classes during orientation and the only class that truly interested me was the art class. Its not that I didn't want to do the work that I knew came along with the other classes, its just that the other classes didn't quite grab my attention as much as the art class did. I also didn't really myself enjoying the other classes because I am pretty imaginative, or I like to be anyways, and the other classes were just straight forward work and I don't care to much for that especially when I have a choice to do something that I like. So far class has gone very well and I feel very comfortable in the environment. The professor is very down to earth and very easy to get along with and so far I feel I'm going to do very well in this class. As for College 101 i'm really not shure exactly what this class is all about, I mean why do we have to do these blogs? And what are these blogs even about, are they gonna use these for something or are we just doing it for fun?




Other than College 101 this program so far has been really good and I think it will give me a good idea what to expect and also give me ideas on what I want to do later in life. This program is also helping me see the transition from high school to college, but so far I haven't seen to much of a difference other than a few small things. The few things that I did notice is that the professor in your class really doesn't care what you do and they aren't going to tell you what to do either, another thing is that everything you do is very independent and no ones going to tell you whether to do it or if its a good idea or not. There night be other personal changes for people but to me college is just a more independent and way more expensive high school.




I think that if I do decide to go to college it will be a very good experience for me that will not only help me grow in my education but also help me grow as a person. Most people say that college is the final step form being a teenager to becoming an adult, from going to the child with little plans and much guidance to the adult with a life plan and  a goal, setting out to go on there own and make a living for themselves and the families they start. I think that most people have some sort of dream they wish to accomplish after high school and college, so far mine is pretty small, but at least its a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment