Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Scott Residence Hall

          First of all to be truthfully honest when I found out that I was going to be staying at Scott Hall for a week with a group of total strangers I wanted to have no part in the whole thing, but thinking about it now and all the experiences I had, I have absolutely changed my mind and have no regrets about going. I haven't really experienced anything quite like what I did while staying there, from walking sixty feet in the air on a tight rope at the High Ropes course to running just in socks accost a college campus for an hour to going completely insane and having a huge water fight and opening up to complete strangers and playing pool and having a good time until three in the morning. One really big thing for me was actually interacting with people and making a couple friends, and to be honest I didn't go to make friends or meet people but I saw that people actually wanted to get to know me and I opened up and met some really cool and interesting people.



          But we aren't just here to have fun and play games, we are here cause we want to get ahead of the game and see what college is going to be like. So far I really haven't made up my mind on what I want to do with my life. Should I go to college and get a four year degree? Should I just go through high school, graduate, get a job and live life? Maybe community college? Or maybe I should go see what Uncle Sam wants to do with me. I don't know but then again I don't think anyone knows that's the thing about life, its completely unpredictable and sometimes it just doesn't go the way you want it to. But there is something that I do know from being in this program, if you try hard enough and give it your all only the best of good things could happen for you. And if your willing to try new things and make sacrifices people are willing to give you a chance and make sacrifices for you.


           I think that living at Scott Hall and experiencing what I have made me see that what the Summer Scholars program is doing is trying to set the stage for a group of kids ready to go out in the world and take chances and make sacrifices and do all they can do to succeed, and maybe with some help from a few friends and R.T.As I can find out what I want to do with my life so I can finally get somewhere and not have to worry about troubled times ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment